Ribbon Charm Bracelet by Grace

Friday, August 22, 2014

Ribbon jewelry has been a rage right now. Just check out Pinterest and you will find an enormous array of accessories that combine satin ribbon with some fun pearls, beads and accents. This trend inspired me to create my own charm bracelet. Read on to see how I created my bracelet that my sweet daughter is proudly modeling for me.

Instructions:
 1. Gather your supplies.

 2. Pick pattern papers that have small accents that would be good to highlight as part of your charm. I chose a paper pack that had a fall/autumn theme so I can wear my bracelet in the upcoming season. I also chose to use a 6x6 paper pack since I know the designs would be smaller in scale, which would be perfect for the size of my bubble circle stickers.
I just adhered the plain bubble sticker over the design that I wanted to use and then use my scissors to cut it out. 
 3. Then you add your bubble sticker onto a charm foundation. After looking at my design, I decided to add another charm making it 6 metal charms in all.

4. Next you thread the charms through the satin ribbon. I used my mat (with the grids) to space out my charms evenly. Because the hole of the charm fit nicely with the size of the ribbon, I didn’t need to tie my ribbon in between the charms. These accents didn’t move through my ribbon. I trimmed the ends leaving about 6” on each ends for tying. I added some fray check on the ends so that my ribbon ends don’t fray.

This process can be used for necklaces as well.

Here’s a couple of close up images of my bracelet…. 


Thank you for joining me today and happy creating.
-Grace

Supplies Used:
Satin, Pastel green, 5/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Pattern papers- Into the Woods, Lawn Fawn
Epoxy stickers and charm metal- Epiphany Crafts
Fray check- Dritz



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...