Layout with ribbons and pattern papers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014



Hi there ribbon friends. Today I’m sharing with you how I can incorporate some ribbons and trims with fun designs as part of my scrapbook page. I wanted to use up some of my scrap papers and I noticed that if I lined up my ribbons on blocks of cardstock scraps, I can make them look like paper as well. Read on to see how I created this page…


1. First I decided which trims would work well with my theme. I ended up picking the animal printed grosgrains along with the orange/purple dot ribbon. They worked well with my Halloween themed page.


2. Then I cut up a blocks from scrap cardstock measuring 2 ½ x 3”. I added some strips of ribbon over one side of the paper.


3. Next I covered the paper with ribbon. You can decide if you want to cut off the excess (some of the blocks will have extra trim since the widths of the ribbon varies). I cut some of them off depending on how well they fit into my block design.  I repeated this process for all the ribbons that I wanted to add to my page.


4. I wanted them have some more texture so I added some acrylic paint dots on the inside edges. Set aside to dry .

5. While the ribbon blocks are drying, assemble the page. I used a block design, filling it up with my photos first and then adding strips and blocks of pattern paper to fill the rest of the page.


6. When the paint dots are dried, adhere the blocks to the page. Layer some paper and ribbons blocks with stickers and more paper.


7. I decided to add some circle accents on the page to break up some of the square design. I had punched out a 2” circle from cardstock, run it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dot embossing folder and then added some “mustard” ink on the raised dot. I then adhered it onto a scallop circle die and added a few more details.

Here’s the final page again and some close ups…..






Thank you for joining me today and I hope this page encourages you to turn your favorite ribbon trims as pattern paper blocks on your next project.

Happy Crafting,
Grace

Supplies Used:
Dazzle Dotribbon 3/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
LilacLeopard Grosgrain 5/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
#338 NeonZebra 7/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Giraffe7/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Cardstock- WoldWin Papers
Pattern papers- Graphic 45, Authentique, Echo Park, Elle’s Studio, SEI, DCWV, Farmhouse
Stickers- Bazzill
Flair- Lawn Fawn
Paint- Claudine Helmuth Studio, Ranger
Glitter Glue- Hampton Arts
Embossing folder- Swiss dot, Cuttlebug, Provo Craft
Scallop circle die cut- Spellbinders
Crow die- Die Versions
Circle cutter- Creative Memories
Ink- Mustard, American Crafts
Pen- Millennium, Zig
Adhesives


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...