Americana Onesie and Headband by Crystal

Friday, June 27, 2014

Hello Ribbons Unlimited Fans!
It's Crystal here with a fun project for the 4th of July and all year-long. Today I made a Americana onesie and matching headband.  Ribbons Unlimited has beautiful ribbon and excellent quality at an awesome price, go visit the store and take a look around.

ribbons unlimited flag onesie 008
Let's get started.  First I trace the onesie onto chipboard and then cut it out.  
This will go inside your shirt so the glue does not bleed through.
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 002
Insert the chipboard into the shirt from the bottom
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 003
Next I select my ribbon of choice and decide my layout before I glue down.
I cut 3 pieces at 4 1/2" and 3 pieces at 3 " from double ruffle red.  
The Navy bow is  made with Delight ribbon.
I am using Beacon Fabri-tac permanent adhesive
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 004
I added Martha Stewart white gold glitter glue to make faux stars on my Navy Blue.
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 006
I add a line of glue to the back of the ribbon and adhere to the shirt.
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 007
I decided to add glitter fireworks around the flag for some more sparkle.
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 009
for my headband I layered
I added some curly ostrich feathers in white , the base is a white with silver fleck stretch headband and added white felt to the back side to adhere to the headband.
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 010

ribbons unlimited flag onesie 012
I think this is such a cute set and I hope it has inspired you to browse the Ribbons Unlimited Inc. store  and get some ribbon for your next project!
ribbons unlimited flag onesie 013
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Leave me some feed back if you loved this project, I love hearing from my scrappy computer friends who love getting crafty : )
Crystal Lopez – Design Team member for Ribbons Unlimited
crystal_lopez_bio_pic
Crystal Lopez – Design Team member for Ribbons Unlimited


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...