Hello Ribbons Unlimited Inc. friends, Grace here to share with you how
I incorporate ribbons to my scrapbook pages.
When I received these animal print ribbons, I knew exactly what page to create with it. What I found to be challenging was to find unusual ways to add the ribbons to the page. Thankfully, the variety of sizes and prints of the ribbon ignited some great ideas. Read on to see more how I created this page….
1. Create the scrapbook page foundation. Cut a white pattern paper into an 11” square and adhere to the center of the dark green paper. Add the three 4x3 photos to the center of the page.
2. Cut out the ribbons to fit the inside of the white paper and lay it horizontally on the page. Cut the widest ribbon’s edges into notches and adhere to the layout.
3. Add the same three ribbons on the top left edge of the page. Cut the edges into notches before adhering them.
4. To add some texture and layers to your page and ribbon, poke two holes on the ends of the longest ribbon. Attach brads through the holes.
5. Wrap some twine around the brads and tie the ends into a bow.
6. Cut out a handmade heart out of the wide zebra print ribbon. Add some fray check on the edge of the shape so that the ribbon threads don’t unravel. Add some pen stitching around a die cut circle, adhere to the top right edge of the page and add the heart ribbon using foam adhesive. Add the title.
7. Add a pattern paper like circle shape using ribbon. Cut out a scrap of circle from paper. Add adhesive all over the top of the paper. Add the strip of ribbon, making sure to match the pattern. Trim the excess. Add fray check to the edges of the cut so that the ribbon ends don’t fray.
8. Add some more embellishments and handwritten journaling.
I hope that my post today inspired you to pull out your favorite ribbons and add them to scrapbook pages. Find ways to incorporate them in the most unusual way. Happy creating!
Applegreen/blue chevron 7/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
LilacLeopard Grosgrain 5/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Giraffe 7/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Zebra festribbon 1 ½” , Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Cardstock- WorldWin Papers
Pattern papers- (dark turquoise) BoBunny; (white) Creative Memories; (word/journaling strips) Elle’s Studio
Letter stickers- Thickers, American Crafts
Brads- My Mind’s Eye
Twine- The Twinery
Enamel dots- Doodlebug Design Inc.
Circle cutter- Creative Memories
Pen- Millennium, Zig
Others- Fray Check, Dritz
Doily- Doodlebug Design Inc.
Ribbons Unlimited Inc. 2014 Design Team Member