Hello friends. Today I’m going to share with you some ways I sprinkle some ribbon goodness into my scrapbook pages. "Selfies" are all the rage now and I decided to print some of mine up for this “on-trend” scrapbook layout.
Two of my favorite go-to techniques to add ribbon to a scrapbook page are to stamp with it and to create a handmade accent with the trims. In this page, I stamped some sentiment words on the satin ribbon using Stazon. This allowed me to personalize my accents to match my theme.
The second one was creating this beautiful yellow flower with ribbon. I was inspired to create it to match the rose necklace I was wearing on two of the photos. Matching it with something in my photo creates cohesiveness in the project.
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Cut a circle big enough to fill the inside space of the doily from pattern paper. Repeat the process one more time and adhere the circle shapes to two doilies.
3. Adhere the decorated doilies on two opposite ends of the cardstock base.
4. Cut out 11 ¾” strips from Yellow grosgrain ribbon, add adhesive on the back and adhere to the cardstock creating a frame around the doilies.
Add the photos on the center of the layout, overlapping some of them over parts of the doilies.
5. Stamp sentiments on the Pastel green satin ribbon. Use an ink like Stazon to make sure your stamped design transfers perfectly on the smooth surface of the ribbon. Cut the ends into notches. Adhere to the bottom part of the photos.
Add stars in between the sentiment phrases using adhesive dots.
6. Punch out a small circle (about 1 ¼”) from pattern paper. Adhere a large glue dot over it. Cut out 3” strips from Yellow grosgrain ribbon, fold in half and adhere to the circle (with adhesive). Fill the circle with folded ribbon pieces until it resembles a flower. Add a button (threaded with twine) on the center for a finished look. Adhere to the layout.
7. Add the title with stickers and cut out the printed journaling into strips and adhere to the layout.
Thank you for joining me today and I can’t wait to see how you use these techniques on your next project. Happy Creating!
#995Grosgrain stripes, Yellow, 3/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
#088 DFSatin Ribbon, Pastel Green, 5/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Cardstock- Worldwin Papers
Pattern paper- Crate Paper
Doily and Letter stickers- Doodlebug Design Inc.
Stars- Studio Calico
Button- American Crafts
Sentiment stamps- Inspired By Stamping
Circle cutter- Creative Memories
Journaling font- Century Gothic, MS Word
Twine- Source Unknown