Hi there Ribbons Unlimited friends. Today I’d like to share a project that can easily be mass produced and could hold your favorite Holiday handmade gift or like me, just fill it up with candy and you are good to go.
1. Using a full 12x12 sheet of paper, Score at 1”, 4”, 8” and 11”. Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat the scoring process. Fold on the scored marks.
2. Cut at the 4” and 8” marks leaving a 4” square box in the center. If you desire, you can cut away 2x4” on each corner of the template. I did this for the first one to trim down the excess paper and the layers of paper won’t be too bulky but I found that it lost some important structure so I opted not to trim the corners on the second box.
Punch out a border on each edge of the box. Grabbing the two 2x4” pieces towards the center, adhere them together and then adhere one side of the box over them. Fold the edge over the front.
3. To reinforce the structure of the first box, I adhered a strip of the red checkered ribbon around the box.
4. Adhere the ends over each other using some glue dots.
5. Punch out a hole on two adjacent sides of the box. Adhere the checkered ribbon over the gold trim.
6. Thread both ribbons through your holes, and adhere the ends inside the box using some tape.
7. Create two bows from the gold ribbon and adhere on the sides of the box, covering the holes you’ve created for the handle.
8. Add a sentiment block using paper and stickers. Repeat the process for how many boxes you need to make.
Here’s some more close ups…
Thank you for joining me today and I hope this helped you find ways to incorporate your ribbons and papercrafting supplies in your gift giving this season.
Country check, Red, 1”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
#274 Luxor(Wired) Gold, 1 ½”,Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Paper and stickers- Noel, SEI
Border punch- Recollections
Others- Adhesive strip, foam adhesive