Hello Ribbon’s Unlimited Inc. friends. Today I’m sharing a card set that I had created inspired by some of the fantastic animal print trims Ribbon’s Unlimited Inc. offers.
I wanted the ribbons and its design to stand out so I opted for a plain (but texturized) background and added a few stickers just to complete the sentiment.
1. Gather your supplies. I started with three white card base, picked some cardstock that will coordinate well with my ribbons, a sticker sheet to match the theme, buttons, twine and an embossing folder.
2. First I cut the cardstock pieces 1/8” smaller than the card base (my card base are A2 sized which is 4 ¼ x 5 ½”) I ran all of them through my Cuttlebug with a striped background embossing folder from Darice. The striped background reminded me of the lines on a cage that we normally see in a zoo.
3. Next I adhered the cardstocks on the card bases and then matched them with the ribbons that I had.
4. I then cut a slit on the bottom fold of the card so that the ribbons can slip through it to be adhered on the inside of the card. I also tied two buttons around the trims with twine.
5. I layered some stickers, another button with twine and a sentiment on the top of the page to finish off the cards.
I kept the design of the cards pretty similar to one another which made creating this set super easy and fast.
Here’s another look at the individual cards…
So there you have it. Who says that you can’t have fun with animal prints? With these cards, you can help but get a little ‘wild’!
Cardstock- WorldWin Papers, Bazzill
Stickers- (sentiments) SRM Stickers; (others) SEI
Buttons- Foo fala
Twine- Doodlebug Design Inc.
Embossing Folder- Darice
Scallop die- Spellbinders
Frame punch- EK Success