Good morning! Can you believe we are almost at the end of August? Crazy. It's Jamie back with you today sharing a bright and cheerful card and a tutorial so you can recreate it too!
For this card I am using the Citron Velvet Nylvalour 7/8" and
the Hot Pink Double-Ruffled 7/8" ribbons!
Here is the tutorial:
1. Cut a 6" piece of the Hot Pink Double Ruffle Ribbon
2. Cut a 22" piece of the Citron Velvet Nylvalour
3. Tie a knot with the Hot Pink Double Ruffle around the Citron Velvet ribbon as shown.
4. Trim off the ends of both ribbons so you only have the knot remaining. This will be the center of our flower.
5. Use a 2" Gluber (you can also use label paper or hot glue) and place the knot in the center.
6. Begin wrapping the ribbon around itself, twisting slightly as you go but make sure you have the velvet facing up at all times.
7. Your flower should look like this when finished.
8. Next gather your supplies for your card. I have two pattern papers, a card base and another 30" piece of the hot pink ribbon.
9. Cut your main pattern paper to 4"x 5" then tie a bow around the center.
10. Next adhere your flower to the right side of the bow as shown.
11. Cut a 4" x 1-1/4" strip from your second patterned paper and punch the edge with a border punch. Add adhesive to the top portion.
12. Glue the piece under the bottom of the main pattern paper.
13. Then glue the piece on to the front of the card base.
14. Next add foam adhesive to the back of the wood veneer sentiment.
15. Then add it to the card near the knot of the hot pink bow.
16. Your finished card should look similar to this!
I love the texture and look of the Velvet Nylvalour for the flower!
Thanks so much for stopping by!