Here's a fun project by Jamie Cripps, complete with step by step instructions! Jamie created a box to store markers, which are all the rage in crafting these days. Jamie say, "Have you had a chance to try our Polka Dot Ribbon yet? This dotted ribbon is wired, comes in 1-1/2" width, and uses the "Lyon" French Wired ribbon as a backdrop. This means it ties beautifully and stays exactly where you want it to! Today I am using the Green and White Polka Dot Ribbon on my new Marker Box digital die cut! I love how easily this Polka Dot Ribbon transforms a plain box into something bright and delightful!" Please click on the photos to enlarge them.
his Marker Box holds 16 markers! You can use it as a gift or cut multiples and glue the sides together for your own storage! The box has two layers for the storage grid to hold the markers securely.
Cardstock: DCWV Stack
Die Cut: Marker Box (Jamie Lane Designs)
Twine: Marigold (The Twinery)
Ribbon: Green/White Polka Dot Wired (Ribbons Unlimited, Inc.)
1. The digital die cut has been spaced out for two different cuts; the main box and the grids with the front mat. The spacing allows you to place the main box on the active cutting area and once that cut is complete, simply drag the grid/mat pieces over to the active mat area (the main box will be off to the left and will not cut). Once you have all the pieces cut, fold on all the score lines.
2. Adhere the mat piece to the center of the main box leaving a slight edge as shown.
3. Place adhesive tape on the inside of the bottom tabs.
4. Pull the bottom piece up and adhere the tabs on the outside of the main area of the box as shown.
5. Place the small tabbed grid in the bottom of the box.
6. Place the large tabbed grid over the small grid pushing the large tabs down to the bottom of the box.
7. Your grids and box should look like this now.
8. Place adhesive tape along the white area below the mat and along both sides of the box as shown.
9. Remove the adhesive backing on the tape and then fold the two long sides in.
10. Your box should look like this when complete. Simply tie a piece of Green and White Polka Dot Ribbon around the box to embellish!
Thank you, Jamie! What a pretty and useful project!